According to a recent survey, two people can fall in love after answering 36 questions sincerely and authentically.
The meeting must be intimate, peaceful, with only one real condition: to look each other in the eyes after having completed the questionnaire. And love should germinate.
Do you want to know more about the subject? Read the rest of this article!
An experience to fall in love
Twenty years ago, Arthur Aron, psychologist and professor at New York University, carried out an experiment consisting in asking two people who did not know each other, man and woman, to answer 36 questions.
After having answered the questionnaire, the two people had to look at each other for 4 minutes in the eyes, in silence.
6 months after this experience, the participants of this experience said “yes, I want it”, after falling in love.
New York Times columnist Mandy Len Catron wanted to test Dr. Aron’s experiment to see the results.
And she was able to see for herself that this experiment works, and that the people subjected to the questionnaire fall in love quickly.
The secret behind these questions is that they allow us to open up and expose the most vulnerable areas of our mind, bringing us closer to the other person very quickly.
What are the 36 questions that can make us fall in love?
- If you had a choice over anyone in the world, who would you like to invite to dinner?
- How would you like to be famous? In what way?
- Before you make a phone call, do you repeat what you are going to say? Why ?
- What would a perfect day be for you?
- When was the last time you sang on your own? What about someone else?
- If you had the opportunity to live to age 90 with either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the past 60 years, what would you choose?
- Do you have a secret hunch on how you’re going to die?
- Name three things that you and your partner seem to have in common.
- What is it that inspires you the most in your life?
- If you could change anything in the way you were brought up, what would you choose?
- Take four minutes and tell your life story to your partner in as much detail as possible.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained a quality or skill, which one would you choose?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you like to know?
- Is there something you have dreamed of doing for a long time? Why didn’t you do it?
- What is the greatest achievement of your life?
- What is most valuable to you in a friendship?
- What is your fondest memory?
- What is your worst memory?
- If you knew you were going to die suddenly in a year, what would change the way you live? Why ?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- What roles do love and affection play for you?
- Alternately share a characteristic that you find positive about your partner. Say 5 things in all.
- Was your family close and warm? Do you feel like you had a happier childhood than most people?
- How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
- Each say three sentences in “we”. For example, “we are both here and we feel …”
- Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone to share with …”
- If you were to become a close friend of your partner, share something he or she should know.
- Tell your partner something about him that you like; be very honest and say things that you might not say to someone you just met.
- Share an awkward moment in your life with your partner.
- When was the last time you cried in front of someone else? And all alone?
- Tell your partner something about him that you already like.
- Is there something too serious to laugh at? What ?
- If you were to die tonight without having the chance to communicate with anyone, what would you wish you had never said? Why haven’t you said it yet?
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you still have time to go find something without putting yourself in danger. What do you choose? Why ?
- Who is the member of your family whose death would upset you the most? Why ?
- Share a personal problem and ask your partner for advice on how he or she would overcome it. Also ask her opinion on your feelings about the problem in question.
It is very possible that you will fall in love with the person with whom you are going to carry out this questionnaire, or simply that you will develop a greater bond with them.
These questions make it possible to reveal a part of our soul.
Would you venture to try it?